Norton Security Installation Procedure
Norton Security is the latest security suite for software developed by Symantec. It works on MS Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS. It is available in three versions, such as Norton Security Standard, Norton Security Deluxe, and Norton Security Premium. Norton Security Standard protects only one (one) device. Norton Security Deluxe is good for up to 5 devices, while Norton Security Premium includes protection for up to 10 devices. You can find more about comparing the three security software packages on our Norton Security Editions Compare page.
Below is more information about how to obtain the software after you purchase Norton Security. We also provide information on how to obtain the Norton product activation key, download software for additional devices, and how to reinstall Norton Security, if necessary.
Step 1 – Uninstall older Norton or other security software
Uninstall on Windows-based computers
(This is an optional step, but it is required if any previous security software is installed, including Norton security products other than Norton Security or the security products of other software manufacturers such as Avast, Avira, AVG, McAfee, Kaspersky, Panda, Trend Micro, ESET, F -Secure, etc.)
- Click the Start button in the lower-right corner and click on the control panel.
- Once in the control panel, depending on which operating system is in use, do one of the following:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 – Open programs and features.
- Windows Vista – Open uninstall a program.
- Windows XP – Open add or remove programs.
- Once the installed software directory is open, click the Norton program (or other program) to remove, and click Uninstall or Remove.
- Click Norton Complete Uninstall (or end the uninstall process of the non-Norton program that is uninstalled).
- The Subscription Waiting Warning window appears, click Next.
- Click Restart Now. The entire program will not be uninstalled until the computer is restarted.
Uninstall on Mac OS X computers
- Remove an app by either:
- Uninstalling it via Launchpad (hold the icon down until all icons start to jiggle, and click the delete button (X).
- If there’s no delete button in the Launchpad, remove the app by using its uninstaller, or if that is not available, by moving the app into the Trash, and then by emptying the Trash.
- Restart action may or may not be needed.
STEP 2 – Install Norton Security
- Use this URL to get you to your Norton Account: https://norton.com/setup
- Enter the email address and password associated with the account
- Click onto the Sign In button
- When logging in for the first time after purchase, or at any time from a device that does not have Norton Security installed, you may get prompted to select one of the two choices: Install on this device or Install on another device
- Click Agree & Download to get the software downloaded and installed onto your current device
- If you close the window from the above step, you can always get back to it by going into the Devices tab. In any case, Norton account interface is very intuitive and features the Download button in tabs like Home, Devices, or Services.
- When you download the software onto your computer, you get Norton’s downloader program. Once you run it, the download and installation of your security software will start. Follow the on-screen instructions. Once finished, your Norton product will be installed and activated.
STEP 3 – Install Norton Security onto Additional Devices
If you need to install your Norton security software onto another device (computer or mobile), follow these simple steps:
- Log into your Norton Management console: https://manage.norton.com
- Right at your Management Home page, you’ll see a button that says Download Norton above which it says “Do you want to add more devices?“
- Click onto the button, select Install on another device tab, and follow the on-screen instructions (the procedure allows you to send installation link via email).
OPTIONAL – Retrieve Your Product Key
- For the Product key, log into your Norton Account,
- Click onto the Devices tab,
- Find the device you need a product key for and copy it by writing it down, or by doing highlight/copy/paste action. Your product key can also be accessed from the Services tab.
OPTIONAL – Download Norton Security first, Install, then Activate
- Download your Norton Security Software here: http://www.norton.com/latestns (Standard and Deluxe versions)
Download your Norton Security with backup Software here: http://www.norton.com/latestnsbu (Premium version)
- Once you download the installation file, double click on it to start the Norton Security install.
- Click on the User License Agreement, be sure to read it in full, and then close it.
- Click on agree and install Norton Security or Norton Security with Backup.
- Activate your Norton Security installation by entering the activation code you copied from your Norton Account.
You can purchase Norton Security at a lower price when you shop via NortonSecurityOnline.com. Most of the time we have instant discounts or coupon codes that can be used for additional savings. Save your money and get the best computer and mobile protection when you buy Norton Security software directly from Symantec.
Source By www.nortonsecurityonline.com